1. Respecting your privacy
We are GolfClubstoHire Limited (“we”, “us, and “our”), a golf club rental company.
This notice is addressed to all individuals who are users of our services or products. We refer to all these individuals as “customer” or “you” in this policy document.
At GolfclubstoHire Limited (Including Golf Club Rental SL., GT Golf Sale NI and related entities) we understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you use our services or products online, in store, over the phone or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”).
This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically:
- The kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- How we collect and hold it;
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- Your right to access and seek correction of it;
- How you may complain about privacy matters; and
- Our sharing of your personal information overseas
2. What kinds of personal information we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
- We collect your personal details such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone numbers and payment card number. We require this information in order to provide you with our services.
- We do not keep a record of your credit card number. Your payment card details are held by a third party in a vault system operated by Realex Payments. This information will act as security against your booking. The payment card used to make a booking will act as security for the clubs booked. We may, with advance notice, require you to produce your credit card on pick up of clubs if necessary.
- We will record which products you book and which products you purchase. This information is used to process orders and to provide a more personal shopping experience.
- We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve our services, offer new products and understand the interest of our customer. We collect this information because it is in our interest to improve our services.
- We may use your information to make decisions about what other products and services you might be interested in and contact you by email, text, telephone, post or other means about these products and services. We use your information this way because it is in our interest to promote and manage our business. We balance this interest with the impact on you, and at any time you can ask us to stop using your information for this purpose. (Please refer to point 5 of this policy).
Please note, we will continue to use your information after your hire period has ended, unless you have asked us not to.
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it.
We do this when:
- You register with us, for example to order clubs, buy a product, to create an account or to send you information;
- You communicate with us online;
- You take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups.
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests. When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”.
For information about our use of this technology, please read our Cookies Policy.
Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
We do not hold or store any customer’s financial details.
4. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example:
- To learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you. This includes the products and services of our suppliers and other trusted partners who offer products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- To assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
- We disclose personal information we collect for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our goods and services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our group, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of buying or selling businesses.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
We may anonymise and aggregate your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns. We share this anonymised data with our trusted partners to assist them in marketing products and services to you that are likely to be relevant to your interests and preferences.
5. How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for one or more of the following reasons:
- To ask us to fix information about you that is wrong or incomplete, this is known as right to rectification.
- To ask us to delete information about you, this is known as the right to erasure.
- To tell us you no longer agree to us using your information about you and ask us to stop, this is known as the right to object.
- To tell us to stop using information about you to sell you products and services, this is known as the right to restrict processing.
- To make a “subject access request” which is a request for us to send you the information we have about you. Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity.
- To ask us to not to use information about you in a way that allows computers to make decisions about you based solely on automated processing.
In addition to contacting us using details above you may change your marketing preferences by clicking ‘change preferences’ at the bottom of any email communications.
6. How can you complain about our management of personal information?
You have right to complain about how we treat your personal information to the information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at: http://www.oic.ie/contact/
We are only allowed to keep your information if we need it for one of the reasons we describe above.
7. Our sharing of your personal information overseas
It is our policy to require all of our overseas sharing of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the overseas destination. We may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location. We do this:
- Where we have made a business decision to store our data with a trusted service provider who is in the business of providing data storage and processing services. Examples are those who store and process our email and mobile application data. These services commonly involve diverse geographic locations which change from time to time for reasons which include data protection and processing efficiency. Where these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located in;
- For disclosures between our group companies. Our main business locations are in Ireland but some of our group companies, branches and subsidiaries our based in other countries.
- When our business which collected your personal information is in a different country to your location;
- When our supply to you necessarily involves overseas disclosures. For example, information technology providers.
- Where you are involved with public liability issues concerning a product we may disclose your personal information to any overseas supplier of such a product in the course of managing those issues.
9. Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy. There may be additional privacy notices and terms relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us and on our particular businesses. There are additional privacy terms, term & conditions and cookies terms on our website and at our shops. for example. We have separate charters concerning our employees – this policy does not apply to the personal information of our employees in their capacity as such.
10. More information
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Information Commissioner Officer (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at http://www.oic.ie/contact/
11. Latest offers and Rewards
As a client we want to send you our latest offers and rewards. We will always treat your details with care and never share your information.
If you wish to opt out of your marketing offers and emails please email email@example.com or click the unsubscribe button below